Mrs. DahlgrenGrades Taught: 7-12 Language ArtsOffice Hours : 8:00-4:00Quarter 4 work will all be posted on Classroom Google at https://classroom.google.com/h**If any parent wants alerts from Classroom Google about their student's assignments, please email me. I will gladly set this up for you! I don't want to overwhelm you with unnecessary emails so please request access. Thank you for your support at home!QUARTER 4 INFORMATION:
Teachers across the country have been working tirelessly during this unprecedented time to create online learning for students. To help us all through this challenging time, I wanted to let you know a few things:
- Communication for English class will take place through Classroom Google, which all students are familiar with. **If any parent would like to be linked to their child’s Classroom Google page, send me an email and I will send an invite. Otherwise, please email me any questions or concerns.
- Each Monday, I will post the entire week’s plan. Assignments will appear on the Classroom Google site the day they are assigned (students should pay close attention to due dates).
- Your role as a parent is to encourage students to do their work each day (just like you do when we are in our school building). All classes are working on novels so this is a great time to ask about the chapter they are reading! You could also plan a celebratory family movie night at the end of the unit in May for those novels with movie versions (not sooner as movies are often very different and can cause confusion).
- Below are the class requirements.
Because we lost a week and a half, we are not going to do the following:
- Vocabulary books, AR, Oops Coupons—However, we ARE doing our novels and packets
When working on English class at home, keep in mind the following:
- ALL students need to check Classroom Google daily and complete assignments.
- No late work will be accepted. Always check an assignment’s due date.
- All work must be YOURS. It is ethically irresponsible to share answers with others or copy and paste information from the internet. Please be honest.
- Attend weekly check-ins for English class where students will be asked to complete an assignment or communicate directly with me. If you do not check in sometime within this time, I will have to count you absent. Here are the times you must check in:
- 7th grade: Wednesdays at 1:00
- 8th grade: Mondays at 10:00
- 9th grade: Thursdays at 10:00
- 10th grade: Wednesdays at 10:00
- 11th grade: Mondays at 1:00
- 12th grade: Tuesdays at 10:00
- Office Hours:
- 8:00-4:00 Monday-Friday
- Contact information:
- A question will be posted each we asking about concerns. Students should please post here first. I will check daily.
- Email email@example.com
- 528-3201 (school)
- 452-1465 (cell) If texting, make sure to let me know who you are.
ACCOMODATIONS: For any struggling readers, these are the audio links to the novels (nothing available for grade 9). Please remember to follow along in your books as you listen to audio in order to achieve the best comprehension.
- AUDIO for The Giver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpmOU-7v6vA&list=PLB4aqWdRdNSoL22uc2QKqUPMWmU0QbVmu
- Audio for Night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBl2zKvAAYE&list=PLUvVpT6IYNR2WkiqIj7aLaLsry6u2XLuf
- Audio for To Kill a Mockingbird https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk8_gvaS_tI
- Audio for The Great Gatsby https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFGLXF1M4K4&list=PLCpRnC5vJRCp-zVJuzXNkd2uwaSt1M1rH
Thank you for all you do at home to keep working and reading. Remember to reach out if needed. I appreciate feedback during such a difficult time where I am learning and growing as an educator!
Becky Dahlgren (7-12 English Teacher)Teacher Bio: I have a Bachelor's of Science degree in English from Bemidji State University. I have been teaching since 1998. I love working with teenagers. Their sense of humor and enthusiasm for the future are just a couple of the reasons why I love this age group. I grew up in this area and have a special place in my heart for the community of Badger. The students, parents, and community make Badger School an awesome place to be each day, and I feel especially fortunate to be part of it all! In 2013, I published my first children's book titled Gretchen and the Grumpybugs. It was illustrated by local artist Paulette Christianson. Publishing this book fulfilled a lifetime dream of mine, and I hope there will be other books in the future.