Seniors, please take advantage of the scholarship opportunities provided by the many local families, businesses, and organizations who unconditionally contribute to furthering your postsecondary education.
ONE APPLICATION FOR THE FOLLOWING SCHOLARSHIPSMr. & Mrs. James Svoboda Sr. Memorial Scholarship
Mr. & Mrs. Jim Svoboda Jr. Memorial Scholarship
Ciara Flynn, Granddaughter of Gail & Roxane Svoboda Memorial Scholarship
Gene Lundgren Memorial Scholarship
Jeremy Lundgren Memorial Scholarship
Jeffrey Svoboda Memorial ScholarshipDawn Marie Benkler Memorial ScholarshipMartin & Anna Svoboda Memorial ScholarshipScholarship in Honor of Betty PetersonAnton & Frances Ratkovec Memorial Scholarship
Margaret Foster Memorial Scholarship
Theodore & Mary Dostal Memorial Scholarship
Wilhelmi Family ScholarshipJim Tryon Memorial Scholarship
Greenbush-Badger Lions Club Scholarship
Badger Town & Country Scholarship
Badger Jaycees Scholarship
Badger Alumni Scholarship
Badger Education Association Scholarship
- The "Badger High School Scholarship" application link below makes you eligible for all the above-mentioned scholarships!
- Application: Badger School Scholarship Application
- Due Date: April 12, 2023
ONE APPLICATION FOR THE FOLLOWING
NORTHWEST MINNESOTA FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS
The scholarship portal will open February 1, 2023. Watch the applicant tutorial to create an account, take the eligibility quiz, and apply for the scholarships. Once you create an account, take the eligibility quiz to determine which scholarships you are eligible for. You can take the quiz only once. If there is an error taking the quiz, contact Mrs. Mostofi for assistance.
Deadline: April 15, 2023 for most BUT some could have a different deadline (opens February 1)
Frances McNeill Arts Fund Scholarship
- Awarded to students from Roseau County who are pursuing a fine arts degree with preference given to current graduates and previous Roseau County graduates currently attending college with a fine arts major.
Keith & Ellen Kapphahn Family Scholarship
- Awarded to a Badger senior who is pursuing post-secondary education through a college, university, or Minnesota technical or community college or other accredited not-for-profit technical or vocational education/training institution.
Rick Hetten Memorial Scholarship
- Awarded to qualified students in Roseau County who are pursuing a post-secondary education at a technical school majoring in building trades.
Citizen State Bank Scholarship
- The Citizens State Bank of Roseau Scholarship Fund was established by the Citizens State Bank of Roseau to recognize and encourage achievements in higher education. The scholarship is awarded to an eligible Badger High School graduating senior.
Northwest Minnesota Women's Fund
- Provides funding for an annual scholarship to female students who reside within the 12 counties of the Women's Fund service area who are pursuing a degree in post-secondary education at the following public high education institutions: Bemidji State University, Northwest Technical College in Bemidji, Northland Community & Technical College (TRF/EGF), University of Minnesota Crookston, & White Earth Tribal College.
University of Minnesota Crookston Women's Scholarship
- Provides scholarship support to women who reside within the 12 counties of the Women's Fund service area who are pursuing a degree in post-secondary education at the University of Minnesota Crookston.
Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
The Coca-Cola Scholars Program scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities.
- Application: Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- Due Date: October 31, 2022 by 3:00 p.m.
Hagan Scholarship Foundation
A nationwide need-based scholarship designed to help high-achieving students graduate college debt-free. It is important that you complete the FAFSA to qualify for need-based scholarships.
- Eligibility Requirements: Eligibility requirements
- Application: Hagan Scholarship Foundation application
- Due Date: December 1, 2022
Heisman High School Scholarship
Supports education, recognizes achievement, and celebrates male and female community-minded high school student-athletes around the country. Seniors, if you strive for excellence in the classroom, on the playing field, and in your community, now's the time to get the recognition you deserve.
- Application: Heisman High School Scholarship
- Due Date: October 18, 2022
Student of Integrity Scholarship
Better Business Bureau offers annual scholarships recognizing Students of Integrity in Minnesota and North Dakota. These scholarships celebrate & promote ethics and integrity among young people who personify & demonstrate high character in their personal choices & actions. Submit a 1,000 word essay sharing a personal example of how you were challenged & overcame a difficult situation by applying your high character and personal ethics. The essay must be accompanied by the scholarship entry form, one letter of recommendation, a copy of your high school transcript, & a list of extracurricular activites.
- Application: Torch Awards for Ethics website
- Due Date: March 1, 2023
AgCountry Farm Credit Services Scholarships in Agriculture
Applicants may be from an actively farming or ranching family OR must be planning to pursue an agricultural career. This means that seniors from a farming ranching family are eligible, regardless of their career intentions. Also seniors intending to pursue ag careers are eligible, regardless of whether they have a farm background or not. I
- Application: AgCountry Farm Credit Services Scholarships in Agriculture
- Due Date: March 1, 2023
The Marvin Companies Scholarship Program
Lifelong learning & a commitment to ongoing education are pillars of The Marvin Company's values and they are pleased to offer educational scholarships to employees and their families, which are available for a wide variety of accredited schools.
- Application: Brochure Marvin Scholarship
- Due Date:
Polaris Scholarship Program
Polaris Industries Inc has established a scholarship program to assist children of employees who plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs.
- Application: The Polaris Scholarship Application
- Due Date:
Northern Resources C-Store Scholarship
Awarded to a student planning to enroll in full-time study at an accredited two-or-four-year college/university that has worked and who is currently working at the Roseau or Hallock C-Store prior to the application deadline.
- Details: Scholarship Details
- Application: Northern Resources Cooperative, C-Store Scholarship
- Due Date: April
Northern Resources Cooperative Ag Related Scholarship
Awarded to a student planning to enroll in full-time study at an accredited two-or-four-year college/university concentrating in a Ag Related subject.
- Details: Application Details
- Application: Northern Resources Cooperative, Ag Related Scholarship
- Due Date: April
Roseau Area Arts Association Scholarship
Awarded to students from Badger, Roseau, Warroad, Greenbush pursuing a degree in an arts program at a post-secondary institution.
- Application: Roseau Area Arts Association Scholarship
- Due Date: April 6, 2023
Roseau Eagles Auxiliary Scholarship
Regionally competitive scholarship.
- Application: Roseau Eagles Auxiliary Scholarship
- Due Date: May
VFW Post 8663 Auxiliary Scholarship
Awarded to Badger senior going on to school or training after graduation.
- Application: VFW Post 8663 Auxiliary Scholarship
- Due Date: April 15, 2023
Roseau Electric Cooperative Scholarship
Awarded to a Badger student planning to enroll in postsecondary education, whose parent/guardian is an active service member with Roseau Electric Cooperative (REC). This can include a business, a cabin, a seasonal home, or a permanent home. Once your eligibility has been verified, you will receive additional information from REC on what needs to be done.
- Read before registering: Scholarship Information
- Application: Roseau Electric Cooperative Registration Fillable Form
- Due Date: April 4, 2023, registration deadline, give forms to Mrs. Mostofi
LifeCare Medical Center Healthcare Scholarship
Awarded to seniors living in Roseau County who are entering the healthcare field.
- Application: LifeCare Medical Center Healthcare Scholarship
- Due Date: April 14, 2023
Border Bank Scholarship
Border Bank generously offers scholarship opportunities to graduating seniors at Badger High School pursing a post-secondary degree.
- Application: Border Bank Scholarship
- Due Date: April 3, 2023
Roseau County 4H Scholarship
Awarded to seniors who are members of Roseau County 4H Clubs.
- Informational Letter
- Application: Roseau County 4-H Scholarship
- Due Date: April 15, 2023
Clean Air Choice Biodiesel Essay Scholarship
This scholarship is open to all Minnesota high school seniors. It is sponsored by the Minnesota Soybean Research and Promotion Council and administered by the American Lung Association in Minnesota.
- Application: Scholarship Form
- Due Date:
Sarah Wahlberg Memorial - Concordia College Congregational Scholarship
Awarded to any student who has been accepted to Concordia College in Moorhead, Minnesota. It is a $500 renewable scholarship for up to 4 years and is matched by Concordia College for a total of $1000 each year.
- Application: Sarah Wahlberg Memorial Concordia College Scholarship
- Due Date: April 21, 2023
Minnesota Deer Hunters Association Scholarship
To qualify for this award, the individual or the individual’s parent/guardian must be a current member of the Roseau River Chapter of the Minnesota Deer Hunters Association.
- Application: Minnesota Deer Hunters Association
- Due Date:
Roseau VFW Post 8663 - Stan Ostby Memorial Scholarship
To qualify for the award, the individual must a graduating senior pursuing a two- or four-year degree. The award will be based on scholastic and athletic achievement, leadership, community service, and written essay.
- Application: Stan Ostby Memorial Scholarship
- Due Date: April
Hank Lindsey Memorial Scholarship - MN United Snowmobile Association
For students who are enrolled (or who are enrolling for the first time) in a course of small engine repair, DNR or GPS at a vocational school.
Red River Valley Development Association Northwest Minnesota Youth Leadership Award
- Application: Hank Lindsey Memorial Scholarship information
- Due Date: April 1, 2023
Young adults between the ages of 17 and 21 by the date of this application living in Becker, Clay, Clearwater, Kittson, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, Marshall, Norman, Otter Tail, Pennington, Polk, Red Lake, Roseau, or Wilkin Counties pursuing a degree at an institution of higher learning.
Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarship
- Application: NW MN Youth Leadership Application
- Due Date:
The Horatio Aleger Association seeks to assist students who have demonstrated integrity, perseverance in overcoming adversity, and strength of character; have financial needs; and are committed to pursuing a career or technical certificate/degree. Need to be under the age of 30.
- Application: Career & Technical Scholarship
- Due Date: June 15, 2023
Minnesota (NCTC) Workforce Development Scholarship
Recent legislation has awarded $2500 scholarships to incentivize students to enter high growth, high-demand occupations in the areas of manufacturing, health care, agriculture, information technology, early childhood education, and transportation. Northland Community & Technical College (NCTC) is offering these scholarships to area high school students. They believe these targeted scholarships will encourage local talent to remain in our communities and answer the demand for highly skilled worker.
- Application: Workforce Development Scholarship
- Due Date: May 31, 2023
JUNIORSHoratio Alger High School Junior Scholarship
Rewards students who possess the character to succeed in life and believe in the American Dream. To qualify, you must have at least a 2.0 GPA and require financial assistance to attend college. Learn more at the link provided.
- Application: High School Junior Scholarship
- Due Date: March 15, 2023
Minnesota Association of Townships Scholarship Program for High School Juniors
All students currently enrolled in 11th grade and attending a Minnesota public, prive, or parochial school, or a home-study program, are eligible to apply for this program.
CURRENT COLLEGE STUDENTS40 & 8 Nurses Scholarship
- Application: MN Association of Townships Junior Scholarship
- Due Date: June 1, 2023
Students must be a graduate of a Roseau County high school OR live in the Roseau trade area with a clean intent to serve this area. The student nurse must be enrolled in a program for RN or LPN training. Part-time students may apply with 16 credits earned. Students may apply EACH year of instruction following payment of second semester or third quarter tuition for a maximum of four years.
- Application: 40 & 8 Nurses Scholarship
- Due Date: Ongoing